Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Great Beginner Workouts




I used to be the kind of person who hated anything remotely related to exercise...working out, walking, lifting weights, you name it I didn't want anything to do with it.  I didn't like the idea of getting hot and sweaty and always told myself that I was just too busy and couldn't make the extra time to exercise.  But as time went by my body got worse and worse and finally it began to HURT to sit all of the time and do nothing.  SO I CHANGED MY ATTITUDE.  I joined a local running group (of course I started out by walking and gradually worked up to interval running) and also joined CrossFit to try to tone things up (I am on a weight loss journey and so getting things in shape as I lose weight is really important).  What I learned about myself is that I don't hate exercising, I was using that as an excuse to be lazy.  I actually really enjoy the way I feel after running or working out, I love the feeling of my body being awake and my adrenaline flowing....but more than anything I love the feeling of accomplishment.  So much so that I completed my first 5K in March and have ran two more since then!  It wasn't easy to begin, in fact it hurt like crazy the first few times I went out with my running group because my body had never moved like that before.  But it did get easier and easier as time went by.

If you're in the same position and are looking for a good place to start moving your body and working out,  I've got some great beginner workout ideas I'd like to share with you that have really helped me.


  1. 4 Week Walking Plan for Beginners:  My Fitness Pal and Leslie Sansone have paired up to bring you an amazing 30 day walking plan that takes you through not only walking but also working your abs, arms, core and more!  I love Leslie's workouts, they are always so fun and honestly go by so quickly that you can't believe you just walked miles during an in home workout!
  2. Total Body Workout for Beginners:  This is such a great way to work your entire body yet is a great jumping off point if you're just starting out.
  3. Beginner's Flat Abs Workout:  Ab and core work are SO important when working out!  Your core is your body's powerhouse...it facilitates movement, houses your internal organs and helps with balance, posture and back health.  Keep this area strong!
  4. CIZE - The End Of Exercise:  This workout is crazy awesome!  I've never had a workout be so much fun and I'm not even a dancer lol!  But this baby works out your entire body in a FUN way so you actually ENJOY working out!  I highly recommend this one for sure!





So there you have it, some of my favorite beginner workouts.  What are some of your favorites?  They can be beginner or advanced, I'd love to hear from you :)


Share:

2 comments

  1. This sounds just like me! I never want to work out, but you've inspired me to give some of these workouts a try! Good luck on your journey :)

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am both laughing and nodding my head at this because I am the exact same way! I hated working out but my husband talked me into doing a bike ride and since I've had to really push myself to get in shape for it. I love how it makes me feel and although sometimes I still feel like it's work, I'm slowing progressing for the better. Keep it up and great post! XO -Kim
    www.thethirtysomethinglife.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment, I love to hear from you!

© Life After Monday | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig